Looking for You, O'
Me and You
Life and Death
We walked together
Coolly so far
Hand in hand
‘You are so frail’
You would trap and tease
‘No worry,
You are so strong’
I would free and ease
And then
In a tease
You left me
To play
Hide and Seek
You became Terror
I became Fear
In the lasting game
I play with you
You play with many
You hide
Somewhere
In those bags
I look for you
In a child’s toy
You pat me,
From nowhere
I turn in vain
Round and round
Looking for you
You hide again
Somewhere
In those bins
I look for you
In a stranger’s eye
His eyes meet mine
Fear greets Fear
We smile in vain
And pass
Looking for you…
O' Death,
Fearlessly...
Coming to terms with terror and death,
on the streets in Delhi
after terrorist attack…..
Life gets back to normal,
yet one can't help
looking for bombs, death
in roadside bins, children's toys,
stranger's eye....
That's not easy.
Death with me hand in hand
was much more....
Photo CC:
Top: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1342/1269000637_6973655cef.jpg?v=0
Bottom: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1260/627119069_97494f685c.jpg?v=0